- Leisa Way, the 2020-21 Toronto Musician of the Year award winner, will be performing “Early Morning Rain – The Legend of Gordon Lightfoot” on May 19 at 19 on the Park.
- Accompanied by the five piece Wayward Wind Band, a group she has been playing with for 15 years, their two hour show will celebrate the Canadian legend’s music and life.
- Way grew up listening to Lightfoot and fondly remembers doing so while camping with her father. “I remember thinking about his songs and how they expressed the beauty of nature,” she told us.
- “He really is Canada’s troubadour, a legend in his own lifetime,” Way said. “I admire the man so much.”
- “I really think that Gord will be smiling down on us, because there’s nothing Gordon Lightfoot liked more than a theatre full of people singing his songs.”
- Way promises the show will delight Stouffville’s Lightfoot devotees, and she committed to making anyone new to his music a fan.
- The concert will take place on at 7 p.m. and tickets are going fast. They can be purchased here.
Click below to watch the interview with Leisa Way