- Residents of Elm Road were alarmed to hear gunshots between 7 and 8 a.m. on Thursday, February 8.
- According to witness accounts, multiple shots were fired just east of Winlane Drive.
- Bullet Point News was told that a small group of individuals was then seen running down Elm.
- At least one stray bullet hit a neighbouring home, and police were on site soon after.
- Area schools sent notices to families informing them about the increased police presence and reassured parents and guardians that everyone was safe.
- While rumours swirled on social media, investigators were still on site late Thursday morning. They would not comment on what occurred.
- No suspects or witnesses are being sought by York Region Police (YRP) following the incident, and no risk is posed to the public.
- YRP have therefore deemed the investigation closed, and they will not be releasing a public statement with further detail.
*A previous version of this story stated residents we spoke to had not seen an ambulance arrive. While that was true at the time, we have since heard contrary accounts.