- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), established in 1896, oversees Fire Prevention Week whose theme is “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.”
- During a fire, there is less than two minutes to escape so a working smoke alarm and a home escape plan are critical.
- Start designing an effective home escape plan with a template from the Whitchurch-Stouffville Fire and Emergency Services.
- From January to September, fires caused 86 deaths in Ontario which could have been prevented with working smoke alarms and a home escape plan.
- During Fire Prevention Week, residents are encouraged to send photos or videos of their home escape plan to email@example.com or tag @WSFES.
- Visit Fire and Emergency Services – Whitchurch-Stouffville (townofws.ca) for information.