- 14-year-old Saanvi Tonse is an advocate for the Save Soil movement which was started by Sadhguru, an international icon from India.
- Tonse cites the United Nations’ statistics that one third of the world’s soils is degraded, leaving 45 to 60 years left of soil.
- Tonse says that our agricultural soils have lost a significant amount of nutritional value – she needs to eat eight oranges to have the same nutrients as one orange when her grandparents were young.
- After Tonse’s March 8th presentation to Council requesting that the Town honour the movement, the Save Soil flag was raised at the Leisure Centre.
- On Earth Day, Sat. April 22, Tonse will have a booth with the Turtle Guardians to show children and youth how soil and biodiversity are linked.
Watch the interview with Saanvi Tonse by clicking on the image below