- The Main Street pedestrian crossover (PXO) project, which was planned early this year and approved as part of the 2023 budget process, is scheduled to begin construction during the week of November 6, 2023.
- The crossing will be installed in front of the Earl Of Whitchurch Pub, located between Freel Lane and Lloyd Street. Markings delineating that location were recently painted on Main Street.
- “We are hoping to finish by the end of the year; however, as in most other industries, supply chain issues will determine how quickly the work will be completed,” Town Staff told Bullet Point News.
- The pedestrian crossing will be operable immediately after construction is complete.
- No road closures are planned, although brief traffic disruptions can be expected throughout the project.
Pedestrian access to both sidewalks will be maintained, and no adverse impacts on local businesses are anticipated.
- Staff also informed us that the contract was awarded to Beacon Utility Contractors Ltd. and the award amount was within budget.
- The crossing location and a rendering of the chosen PXO can be found in the gallery below: