- Anticipation is growing for the fifth Wintersong music festival coming next weekend, January 19-20.
- A diverse range of free concerts and events will be offered thanks to the organizing efforts of Stouffville’s Epidemic Music Group and non-profit Warm Hearts Collective, along with the assistance of numerous volunteers.
- Headlined by Wintersleep and featuring popular artists such as Status/Non-Status, Fraxinus Prime, Vice Locker, Maylee Todd, and Housewife, residents can look forward to over 100 unique acts free of charge and right in their backyard.
- The festival also offers panels and Q&A sessions with music industry experts on a variety of related topics, as well as family-friendly entertainment.
- Many of the concerts and panels with online pre-registration still have seats available, and currently sold-out events will still have tickets available at the door.
- Wintersong will take place across 16 Stouffville venues, including numerous Town facilities and local restaurants. A free karaoke shuttle bus will be available to help attendees navigate between locations.
- Organizers have also partnered with Music Declares Emergency Canada to encourage sustainable and active modes of transportation between concerts, as audience travel represents the largest source of carbon emissions within the live music sector.
Epidemic Music Group’s Heather Cook, who works on the festival’s organizing team, discussed the event with Bullet Point News this week. “We’re super excited for Wintersong. Our lineup boasts incredible musicians, mind-blowing art-meets-music installations, and free panels with industry experts like Torquil Campbell and NXNE Co-founder Yvonne Matsell,” she shared.
With an organizing group of just four people, Cook and her fellow collaborators have also prepared a youth stage, silent disco, children’s performers, and more. “We’re expecting our biggest turnout yet, and everything is free!” Cook added. “So make those reservations and secure your spot early; you won’t want to miss this.”
Beyond delivering an abundance of music and entertainment, Wintersong generates over $1 million in tourism and small business revenue throughout Stouffville. The full schedule is available here, and additional information can be found on the Wintersong website.
Photograph courtesy of Michael Tommasone