York Region Police Constable Maniva Armstrong told Bullet Point News that no suspect(s) have been identified at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.
“I have no information to suggest one particular neighbourhood is a target,” says Armstrong.
Armstrong offered the following safety tips to help prevent car thefts:
– Call police immediately to report suspicious people or activity.
– Park your vehicle in a locked garage if possible, as most vehicles are stolen from driveways.
– Use a steering wheel lock. It will also act as a visible deterrent.
– Install a lock on the data port to prevent thieves from gaining access to your car’s computer and reprogramming keys. They can be purchased online.
– Inspect your vehicle regularly and call police if you notice any potential tracking devices.
– Quality, unobstructed video surveillance can act as a deterrent and help identify suspects.
– Turn on exterior lighting to help deter thefts and illuminate potential suspects.
Watch the footage from the car theft attempts by clicking on the image below